Monday, February 6, 2017

Green, I am dreaming of Green.

I am a person who needs to keep her mind busy. I am always thinking, thinking. Sometimes it can wear me out, but mostly it energizes me. On wintry days when the snow covers mostly everything and you can't really spend time outside, it is the time to keep my brain busy. I have always wanted to improve my writing skills so here's to developing a writing brain...practice and more practice.

Writing prompt...Write 25 sentences that all start with the word "Green". Just wait and see, something interesting will happen. (You can also do this exercise using any other color you choose besides green.)

Here are my sentences- I just went with whatever popped into my head one evening while I was cooking dinner,back and forth from the stove to the laptop.


  1. Green my valley was not, it was brown, brown from the drying Santa Ana winds that blew generously in southern California .
  1. Green, his eyes were green, greener than a Martian's skin.
  1. Green pom pom sticking halfway out of his mouth, Jonas the cat padded silently down the hallway.
  1. Green, amazing shades of green, that chicken crap was all over the barn.
  1. Green pine needles peeked out among the drifts of snow which blanketed the mountains.
  1. Green tentacles of fungus grasped their way our of that bag of stale bread, which was found behind the fridge.
  1. Green, a sea of green took flight before us, as we watched the flock of wild parakeets when startled in the park.
  1. Green shiny beetles could be found, even inside the house, when we visited my friend in Japan.
  1. Green hordes of cicada strummed a greeting to the visitors that day while we were strolling around the grounds of Nagoya Castle.
  1. Green as a ripe, picked, lime, her cool-aid dyed hair was a sight to see.
  1. Green, it comes in a bottle that's lime green, is this any way to promote the sale of lemon juice?
  1. Green tint in their blonde hair not withstanding, the grandkids really enjoyed their three weeks of swimming lessons at the indoor community pool this winter.
  1. Green, it was on her mind as she gazed out the window at the snowy landscape and longed for spring.
  1. Green with envy, I believe that is how you would describe her face.
  1. Green crayon in hand, the toddler proceeded to make art all over his bedroom wall.
  1. Green, all kinds of green, did you know that a large box of crayons has eight different shades of green within?
  1. Green duckweed floated across the surface of the pond while the fish swam lazily below.
  1. Green smudges decorated several of the preschoolers' foreheads after the finger painting activity.
  1. Green paint can be made by the mixing of blue and yellow paint.

  2. Green taffy and small red and white candy canes were tossed from the fire truck at the Christmas parade.
  1. Green is the order of the day when celebrating the luck o' the Irish.
  1. Green garden snakes are found hidden in the midst of the bushes which populate my back yard.
  1. Green paint on the walls of the living room seemed a welcome relief from the ubiquitous beige in every other room of the house.
  1. Green mistletoe hung from the rafters of the ski lodge in December, inviting the visitors to embrace the holiday spirit.
  1. Green sprigs of parsley decorating the plate are the finishing touch to a gourmet meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Roundup...

I've reached a benchmark of reading 68 books out of my stated goal of 75, so far this year, it's time for an update. Over the years ...