I also added another exercise after writing the sentences-checking a thesaurus and then substituting some of the suggested words in the sentences that I wrote to see if it spiced up the writing a bit. Here goes....
- Yellow ribbons decorated the trees after the festivities.
- Yellow and various shades of gold were evident in leaves that had fallen to the ground on that Autumn day.
- Yellow pencils made up the bulk of the available writing implements that were placed on the desk.
- Yellow centers in the daisies made for a happy welcome, while strolling through the garden.
- Yellow and green were the spirit colors of the new high school.
- Yellow highlighting lined every page of the used textbook making the resale price lower.
- Yellow fire engines are becoming just as common as red ones.
- Yellow vents releasing sulfur gas sat adjacent to the trail which wound up to the top of the volcano, releasing a strong smell.
- Yellow garnets are called Andradites, they contain magnesium and titanium which gives them their distinctive yellow-green color.
- Yellow pages used to be the place for looking up phone numbers and addresses before the days of the internet.
- Yellow and refreshing, the homemade lemonade really hit the spot after a trip to the park with the grand kids.
- Yellow Mr. Sketch magic markers really do smell like lemons.
- Yellow was the color my cousin chose for the bridesmaid dresses at her wedding, and the men wore yellow ties.
- Yellow flowers on a rose bush seem to cheer you up when you look at them.
- Yellow and black checkered taxi-cabs were seen everywhere when we visited New York City.
- Yellow, red and blue are known as the primary colors and can be seen on any color wheel.
- Yellow suns and pink flowers decorated drawings in the pictures that the little girl drew.
- Yellow fever is a disease found in tropical areas and it is spread by the bite of infected mosquitoes.
- Yellow is how I would describe her face after the first 30 minutes of her ride on the cruise ship.
- Yellow blankets and sleepers used to be standard fare at baby showers before the days of ultrasound.
- Yellow bananas lined the shelf of the produce section and you could smell them a few feet away.
- Yellow with polka dots describes the color of the swim suit in the itsy bitsy, teenie weenie bikini song by Brian Hyland.
- Yellow snow, have you ever heard someone admonish you not to eat it?
- Yellow blossoms festooned the forsythia bushes, a welcome sign that spring had really arrived.
- Yellow daffodils pop into my head when I am thinking of harbingers of spring.
Have some fun with the words!
Now try it using a thesaurus to spice things up with the writing, keeping in mind the exercise is to write 25 sentences all starting with "yellow", so I am not going to change that.
First sentence- "Yellow ribbons decorated the trees after the festivities."
decorated: adorned, bedecked, dressed up, trimmed
ribbons: bows, streamers
trees: forest, shrubs, timber, woods
festivity: joviality, bash, party, shindig, fun and games
after: behind, subsequently, later
"Yellow streamers adorned the shrubs after the fun and games."
"Yellow ribbons bedecked the trees following the shindig."
and so on.....