December at our house involves three birthdays, and two wedding anniversaries along with all the Christmas and New Year's holiday preparations. This year I tried to made things a bit more special by getting a real Christmas tree instead of using the same old artificial one. The tree was a very beautiful specimen and smelled so good. One activity I have not done for a while was sledding, but I went out with my granddaughter even though it was quite cold. Our family has often attended the Nutcracker Ballet, but not every year, we enjoyed attending again last week.
Good things: My sister moved from a location in another state to my state (but still a few hours away), so we have had more contact then before and that is a plus for our relationship.
Hubby got a new job in 2014 with a boost in salary.
Hubby and I celebrated 35 amazing years of marriage at the end of 2014.
I passed the certification test for being a 'highly qualified' Biology teacher.
My youngest child graduated with a Bach. of Science from the University.
My first grandson was born in 2014.
Challenges: My Mom, who recently finished cancer treatments, had a pacemaker put in for her heart.
My father-in-law had a heart attack just before Christmas with ensuing bypass surgery and is still in the hospital.
A messy divorce is going on with another family member.
I need to finish getting my official teacher's license.
Oh well, 2015 will bring it's challenges, but will also have it's joys. :)
With the new year, I also like to plan on doing a few reading challenges because besides planning curriculum for my students, my other favorite pastime besides sewing, is reading.
|The Lost City of Z, British Explorer Percy Fawcett.|
- The Man Who Would be King and Other Stories by Rudyard Kipling
- Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clark
- Sermons in a Sentence by John Bytheway
- The Things Which My Father Saw by Various (BYU Press)
- The Chapel Perilous by Kevin Hearne
- The Hiram Key by Knight and Lomas
- The Grimoire of the Lamb by Kevin Hearne
- The Violinist's Thumb by Sam Keane
- The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera 1) by Jim Butcher
- Occult Detective Megapack
- Saving Yahaela by Annie Bellet
- Four by Veronica Roth
- Dream Angus by Alexander McCall Smith
- Atlantis Rising #108
- The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
- Justice Calling-The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Part 1 by Annie Bellet
- 50 Real American Ghost Stories by MJ Wayland
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- The Coin from Calabria by Michael CaputoNew Years Resolution: post more often this year on my blog!