Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-11


I’ve been reminiscing like many others today on the anniversary of 9-11. Yes, I will never forget the horror I saw on my TV screen that morning and it has really changed our world, and (in my opinion) not for the better, either. Whether you believe it was a big bad government conspiracy or whether you believe it was crazed terrorists is irrelevant, these heinous deeds have affected all our lives regardless of who actually orchestrated them.

Will you ever think of Muslims or persons from the Middle East in the same way again?

Did you really ever think of Muslims before 9-11?

Should we have a war on terror? When is war justified?

Homeland Security, what say you? Does it violate citizens/constitutional rights or protect us?

How should traitors be treated?

Is there ever a justification for torture to get information that could supposedly save lives?

And do you like being treated as “guilty until proven innocent” by way of a virtual strip search every time you travel by air? Does this make you feel more secure/does it keep us safer?


P.S. I think it might be a good idea to rebuild the twin towers, it could show the world America isn’t afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Roundup...

I've reached a benchmark of reading 68 books out of my stated goal of 75, so far this year, it's time for an update. Over the years ...