Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Teaser Tuesdays- To Spark Your Interest in Books of All Kinds!!






Notes to Myself (My struggle to become a person) by Hugh Prather (self-help, philosophy) (1970, 1983)


"All I want is for you to accept me as I am."
"Yes, and all I want is for you to accept my not accepting you."

A small volume that takes the reader on a ride of introspection. Interesting and inspiring, good for pondering, mindful. These are collected thoughts from the author's journal. Lends itself well to reading in bits and pieces, thoughts about oneself, handling life, relationships, human emotions. Put together in an unusual format with no page numbers.

Next time I will ..."
"From now on I will ..."
- What makes me think I am wiser today than I will be tomorrow?”

Now that I know that I am no wiser than anyone else, does this wisdom make me wiser?”
Hugh Prather, Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person



The author was a lay minister, author of self-help books, and a counselor. The book had sold over 5 million copies and has been translated into 10 languages. Prather died of a heat-attack in 2010 in his Arizona home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Roundup...

I've reached a benchmark of reading 68 books out of my stated goal of 75, so far this year, it's time for an update. Over the years ...