Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011 Swirling Thoughts

“With God’s help I cannot fail; without it I cannot succeed.”
(Hebrews 4: 15-16)

Lots of thoughts swirling around in my mind lately… The health troubles are always with me and I just try to plow through it and enjoy my life a bit in spite of it. Now I am on another medication, this one for my thyroid. Getting older is a trial of its own sort, especially when your body gets less resilient.

1. Swirling thoughts… Cancer is a big business. What an amazing output of health care resources and what a booming business it is. It’s sad to see so much cancer, every kind, everywhere. Young or old; it does not discriminate. This is an observation I see from working in a health care setting. Too bad it can’t be like StarTrek, wave the electronic device over your body and presto! You are healed.
2. Most politicians need to be tarred and feathered. Dem, Repub, whoever, mostly they are self-serving slime.
3. Just recently finished reading a book about Lucrezia Borgia. What a messed up life she had. She was a pawn for her family and is a tragic figure. The poor thing was doomed the day she was born it seems. She did not know what living a ‘normal’ life was. I would have run away or used that poison ring on my father or brother if I were her.

4. On a happier note, also finished a book by Ursula K. Le Guin called Gifts. It was an intriguing tale and I really liked how it ended. The setting was like the Scottish Highlands in a world where certain clans have supernatural gifts in their family line. I will be looking for the next story called Voices featuring some of the same characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Roundup...

I've reached a benchmark of reading 68 books out of my stated goal of 75, so far this year, it's time for an update. Over the years ...